Need help finding R2 version of Olympia

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Enrique B Chamorro, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Enrique B Chamorro

Enrique B Chamorro Supporting Actor

Sep 2, 1999
    I need help finding a source to order the R2 version
    of the 1936 "Olympia".
    I believe it is a German or Dutch DVD.
    See the following review;
    My daughter is doing a report on Riefenstahl
    and it would be very helpful.
    I have an Apex, so PAL R2 is not a problem.
    It is more of a problem knowing which source would
    be the easiest and most helpful in selling it and
    shipping it to the Chicago land area, without it
    costing an arm and a leg.
    Thanks for any help.
  2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Dec 4, 1999
    If it's German, probably the easiest would be
    You can use your existing Amazon account with it
  3. Hendrik

Hendrik Supporting Actor

Oct 23, 1998
    0 a hefty 24,95Euros for each DVD, these two movies don't come cheap... is also incomprehensible (to me!) why these films were released separately, instead of as a set ... (...I'm sure the French would have done a much better job, in that respect!...)
    ...transfer is ok, image is just ok, sound is barely ok...
    ...however, and of course!, the historical -and cinematographic- 'value' of the discs is much more than that... which makes it all the more regrettable that no attempt was made to create a 'Special Edition' ... (...I'm sure the French would have done a much better job in that respect, too!...)
    ...on a side note: Ms. Riefenstahl's purely aesthetic approach to filming athletes' seemingly effortless performances (beautiful bodies executing astonishing feats - not a drop of sweat in sight) offer a fascinating contrast to Kon Ichikawa's way of seeing; in the latter's "Tokyo Olympiad" (recently released by Criterion) we are made very aware of how much effort -and sweat- are expended to accomplish such feats...
    . . . [​IMG] . . .