Need help finding out a video game

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matthew Chmiel, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

My friend is trying to find out the name of a video game he played years ago and the only aspect about the game he could remember is:
    You go to a family of moles in one part of the game and there is a laugh track while you're there.
    Does anybody remember a video game where you visit a family of moles? If you do, you'd be of much help as my friend's new goal in life (for the day) is tracking down this game. [​IMG]

2. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

Hmm, what's the genre? I'm not sure why, but for some reason this has me thinking of either one of the Simon the Sorcerer games, which I've never played, or maybe Torin's Passage, an old Al Lowe game?
    Normally I'm pretty sharp with spotting old adventure games [​IMG].
    Oh, wait, is this video or computer game?

3. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

4. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

10 points to Gryffindor for Mark's cleverness!

5. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Yup, that's indeed from Torrin's Passage: a segment called "The Bitternuts" from the second area in the game if I'm not mistaken. Along with the laugh track, there's also the cheesy old sitcom announcer ("Tune in next time, when you'll hear Bobby say...").

6. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

Minus 10 points to Gryffindor for Mark's utter geekiness at knowing that though [​IMG]. Imagine how much useless video game trivia I'll retain when I turn 25. I swear, if my girlfriend didn't tolerate this, it could be a problem [​IMG].
    Glad I could help your friend. Tell him to try something hard next time [​IMG]

7. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Maybe one of us should be the Videogame Geek for Beat the Geeks...