need help finding fifth element

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by William-R, Nov 12, 2002.

1. William-R

William-R Agent

im trying to find the german 2 disk delux set but have no clue where to get it ive seen it at amazon.de but cant read a damm thingcan anyone help me find a place that has this disk that will ship to the U.S.

2. Tom_Bechet

Tom_Bechet Second Unit

thing is most german DVD sites are in german. As AmAzon.de is built just like .com and .co.uk it's easiest to buy it there. What exactly is your problem?
    here's the link to the DVD: 5th elemnt on amazon.de
    it costs u 29.99€
    postage is: 15.5€
    which gives u 45.5€ or £28 or 45$
    granted it is expensive but it's DTS6.1
    if all that fails I found thisInformation for English speaking customers
    HTH

3. DeanWalsh

DeanWalsh Second Unit

Unless you're specifically after the extras, why not just get the r1 Superbit release? Granted it's not 6.1, but I couldn't imagine the German release touching it in terms of picture quality

4. Tom_Bechet

Tom_Bechet Second Unit

Yeah, u might be right. But it would be great to have a site that not only reviews discs(I mean there are loads of'em out there) but also compares them. Yes I know there ishttp://www.dvdcompare.org.uk/
    but they don't say anything about the picture quality. It si only veryraraley that they actually put any info about the actual sound and picture quality.
    For them a DTS track containing Disc wins even though the picture on that one might be a lot worse than on a DD5.1 DVD only (I have nothing against DTS!!) another example would be a disc that has loads of extras yet sacrifices quality(sound and pic.) for the extras. It still wins due to pictures.
    So is there any site that compares them??
    I know that dvddebate.com have a few comparing reviews. But we need this on a large scale!!
    thanks

5. William-R

William-R Agent

thanks for the info Tom =) but no credit card =(
    i need to find a place that accepts other payment methods
    or i should break down and get a credit card lol

i want the features mainly this is my favroite movie of all time i already have the superbit ver but i would realy like the extra stuff =)