What's new

Need help finding an audio stand (1 Viewer)

Adam_D

Stunt Coordinator
welp i finally bought my new HT set-up, but i am having problems finding an audio stand that i like for @ $200. Please help me get my stuff off the floor:) i was looking at this but my reciever will not fit on it:
tech craft rack. i was looking at this on the circuit city city web site and it looks all right but was curious if anyone had any other good ideas for me: bush audio cabinet.
my ht set up consists of a sony 43" t.v., sony str-da4es, sony 5 disks dvd/cd player. i also plan on adding a tivo and possibly a digital cable box so i will need 4 shelves. i appreciate any help i can get and would like to stay around 200-250$ max. thanks.
adam

Adam_D

Stunt Coordinator
well the links only take you to the CC audio stand main pages the stands i was talkign about were the tech craft #THC WF45B for 129.99 and the bush audio #BUS AD47741 for 199.99. sorry for that.

adam

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
If you go to the DIY fourm and search for "Flexy" you will find plans/advice for building your own stand for ... $100 all you really need is a drill and a bit. While it takes a bit of work, it would be much better than the pressed wood cabinents by Bush.

A rack I have had my eye on is a smoke-grey rack I have seen at the back of Cambridge Soundworks. The shelves are actually nylon/plastic, but it's large, fairly good looking and sells for about $150.

Also, try going to the "Tweaks, Accessories" fourm and searching for "Racks". Sometimes people put links to lots of vendors. Some names to search the internet for are: Boltz, Billy Bags.

Good Luck.

Adam_D

Stunt Coordinator
thanx bob. alot of the flexi's look really nice:) maybe i will try to go that route and save a few bucks and have something nicer than i was looking at, gotta see if my buddy and his dad will help me out though.
adam

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
gotta see if my buddy and his dad will help me out though.
You do the grunt work of deciding on the sizes of shelves, selecting the wood/stain and threaded rods/washers/bolts. Make up a sketch of one shelf showing placement of holes. Then go to your buddy and his dad with the plans/materials. I'm sure the dad will be more than pleased to be asked for help if you have done all the up-front work.

Good Luck.

Adam_D

Stunt Coordinator
yeah thats what i planned on doing. i took two years of autocad/drafting so i can somewhat still design stuff (been like 4 or 5 yrs). but when it coems to building stuff from scratch i'm not the best, but it seems fairly simple and easy to do. just have to figure out how to paint it right:)
adam
btw- i should be able to everything for it at home depot or lowes right?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks