What's new

Need help finding a poster by Joy Division... (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i figure this is as good a place as any to ask this.

when i was in college, i had a poster for "love will tear us apart" by joy division.

it was one of those really big posters that cover most of the wall.

lettering at the top had the band name...in the middle was this black and white picture of a stone statue...and the bottom had the song title.

it was one of the coolest posters i ever had...but it got destroyed during a move.

i would love to find it again. i've done tons of searches on the web including ebay, etc. couldn't find anything.

if anyone has any ideas on this, it would be appreciated.

thanks,

ted

DonaldB

Supporting Actor
There's a chat forum on New Order's website with a Buy/Sell/Trade section. If no one has one for sale there, maybe some fan can direct you to where you may find one.

Mark Lee

Second Unit
Dunno if this is the exact version of the poster you're looking for, but this English site seems to carry it: http://www.pushposters.com/
This site, too: http://www.photowrld.com/shops/searc...sion&category=
Now if they only had the Joy Division poster I had on my wall in my youth -- it was a picture of the four band members facing away from the camera, looking down a staircase into the Underground. Spooky. And perhaps the most fitting depiction I've seen of that doomed band.

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
Ted: I had that poster in college, too! I don't know if they would still have it, but I'm pretty sure I got it at The Alley in Chicago. (773) 525-3180

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
mark -
you (almost) tagged it.
Link Removed
that's the right poster, but not the right size. the one i had was full-sized. it covered about 3/4 the height of the wall - this one looks "short".
thanks for finding this though....that's the closest i've come so far... :)

DonaldB

Supporting Actor
Now if they only had the Joy Division poster I had on my wall in my youth -- it was a picture of the four band members facing away from the camera, looking down a staircase into the Underground.
That's a great photograph. I still have the subway-sized (40" x 60") version of that poster in very good condition. I no longer have the room to display it and would consider parting with it.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
donald -

if mark doesn't take you up on that i may be interested. do you have a pic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks