Need help finding a computer part.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rollie, Feb 13, 2002.

1. Rollie

Rollie Stunt Coordinator

I've got issues...

My motherboard died, so I sent it back to the company and received a new one, but I forgot to pull my mounting brackets for the cpu off of the board, and they didn't send me a set with the replacement. I've searched all over but I can't seem to find these brackets anywhere.

I've got an Abit KA7-100 motherboard and an Athlon 1Ghz Slot A chip. The "brackets" (not sure exactly what they're called) snap into the motherboard, fold up like little arms, and allow your chip to be secured to the board.

I was wondering if anyone knew of an online store, or anywhere else for that matter that might sell these brackets on their own. All the places I have gone, people have tried to sell me a new CPU or board, which I don't need, I just need this part.

Thanks all!

2. Craig F

Craig F Second Unit

Craig
    Contact the people you got the replacement from. The brackets should have been included in the replacement. They should at least give your old ones back.

3. ikiru

ikiru Stunt Coordinator

4. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Yah, the new motherboard really should of come with them. They're called "standoffs" as far as I've heard them called, so that might help you find replacements in a store.

Jay