What's new

Need help displaying movie poster. (1 Viewer)

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
For Christmas my friend Nick (fellow HTF'er) got me the Italian print of Army of Darkness. It's 27x40 and I got it professionally framed. Here's the deal. I live in a dorm and we're not supposed to put holes in the wall. Does anybody know of a good way to hang it or display it? I've heard OfficeMax has some sort of sticky thing or some way it would work. The dorm police are pretty strick about holes or adhesives. Any help would be great.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Are you referring to Plasti-Tac? I don't think it's strong enough to hold up a frame. Is there a place near the ceiling where if you put up a piece of bended metal, you can dangle a mirror or frame?

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
why not just put the holes in the wall anyway and just patch it up when you're going to move out? that's what i'm planning on doing...

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Sam, I've thought about that as well. It's not like people don't put up shelves and everything else... ;)

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
Just spackle it up when you're done, and if you're real hardcore, paint it over too. Just a a coat of paint over the hole you spackle and you won't even be able to tell it's there. Be real nice and try to find a stud even.

When I was in college one of our walls was painted cinder blocks. That required a masony bit to put the rear speakers of the HT on. :)

We didn't even take the screws out. We also mounted a satellitle dish outside one window too. And ran CAT5/electricity to a closet.

We didn't get out security deposit back though. ;)

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
You can use those 3M stick-on peel-off hooks. They work well. Just be sure you get one big enough.

I recently hung some posters in my office at work. I use real nails and hooks at home, but I didn't want to do something so drastic at work (the walls aren't built as well). I found hooks with an angled push-pin on the back in WalMart, a pack of 4 was $2 or so. They work well.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I use double sided tape (3M, heavy duty... IIRC). I'm using it right now for a couple wallscrolls and last year, I even had my rear speaker stuck to the wall with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks