Need help dialing in system

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by james vaughan, Jan 31, 2006.

1. james vaughan

Posted here a few months ago looking for someone in my area that knows how to dial in a home theater system that would be willing to come over and help me do this beings I am not all that familiar with the technical side of dialing in.
    I will provide the beer and you can have my wife[​IMG]
    Puyallup Washington area.

2. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

Although a complete video calibration is best left to the ISF experts, calibrating basic video and audio is quite easy, even for the greenest novice. If you can follow directions and adjust a volume knob, you can do it. A copy of Avia or Video Essentials and a Radio Shack SPL meter are all you need. See the FAQ for detailed instructions. Note that the instructions look more difficult than they are and the calibration disks give a walkthrough in addition to the instructions you find here. Listing your components here will often lead to someone posting a brand specific walkthrough, as long as manuals are available online.

Although I'm always up for free beer, I think anyone with the least amount of HT savvy can tackle this project themselves (thus saving the beer for personal consumption).

Good luck!

3. james vaughan

I know how to use an spl meter but not the bdf and have heard it is always easier with two people working a system than one. Actually another person would be nice weather I have read it or not. The wife is not interested in adjusting the paremetric eq on the svs sub so it is hard for me to do from my seating position unless I become one of the fantastic four with the stretchy arms. But I think I have made my piont a second person who knows what they are doing and what to listen for would be nice[​IMG]

Anyway anyone local to me wants to get together and help out it would be cool. Where do I order the avia disc from anyway?