What's new

Need help deciding wich SVS? (1 Viewer)

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Hey all thanks for looking. I am almost ready to order a svs after many months of waiting. I am unsure however wich one to order. I have Paradigm Studio 100's and cannot decide between the 25-31 or the 20-39. The 100's go fairly low as it is, and I want to make sure to see a marked improvement in bass when I get the svs. My concern is that I won't be able to tell a big difference if I get the 25-31. Then when I do get one should I set my fronts to small? What do you guys think? Right now I am using a sony strv333es as my pre, and anthem mca5 as my amp. The room is 13x25x9 and opens to the rest of my home. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks

Brandon

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
SVS new website layout now shows the following;
SVS Powered Cylinder Series http://www.svsubwoofers.com/subs_pci_performance.htm
I'm getting the SVS 25-31PCi for my 20' x 30' w/10' high vaulted ceiling HT/family room (20'x 20' has cement foundation w/oak flooring) and I'm keeping the default 25 Hz tuning because TV recommended not re-tuning @ 22 Hz for my size room (still have effective SPL between 21 - 24 Hz w/default 25 Hz). Based on the chart above, I think for the money and performance, it was definitely the right decision!!
Phil

John Geelan

Screenwriter
If you have the room for the bigger 20-39 then it will give you a bit deeper bass than the 25-31.

In my room the 25-31 fits in nicely and as the charts show goes pretty low down to almost 20hz which is fine for 95% of movie material.

There is the 5% that can use the extra extension but its up to you if thats very important.

IMHO,The 25-31 is a pretty large sub, much larger than what I thought was the large Velo C-120. So if the wife or S/O doesn't mind a large sub in the room, then the 20-39 is a great compromise. But you can't go wrong with the 25-31.

JohnG

Fred DeGrandis

Stunt Coordinator
Brandon,
Email Tom or Ron:)
Their customer service is TOP NOTCH.
They helped me out alot when I was making my purchase.
Fred

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks