Need help deciding between CRT tvs

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jason Garver, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Jason Garver

Jason Garver Stunt Coordinator

I am looking to purchase a new 32" CRT tv to replace my existing 32" Sony which has just died on me. I am trying to decide between the JVC AV32WF35 and the Toshiba 32AF44
    Both are 32" flat-tube tvs. Both have component inputs. Both have a 3-line digital comb filter. The JVC is $50 cheaper at $450.

I have never owned anything from either brand before so I am looking for a little input from those who may have.

Toshiba TV link
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....6&type=product

JVC TV link
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....9&type=product

Thank you for looking!

2. KenWong

KenWong Stunt Coordinator

Whoa, I'd say it's a tough decision, I've always loved the JVC I'art series, however, Toshiba tends to be of the best Tube companies. Why don't you just go and judge it with your own eyes? Better yet, buy both, put both in yuor house and see which ones better, though lugging that thing will be a B*tch.

3. MichaelWalsh

MichaelWalsh Extra

Just took delivery of a JVC AV-34WP84 and I am completely overjoyed with it. Looked great right out of the box even for most of the channels over digital cable (well, perhaps not the channels that come in really crappy). Totally loving the 16:9 experience and the bedroom 4:3 is starting to worry that I'll kick it to the kerb pretty soon! LOL!

4. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

The JVC service menu is usually more flexible that the Toshiba one. More tweakable ... so i'd go with the JVC. Picture qualitywise ... there are pretty much the same.

Regards