What's new

need help, connecting PC to powered sub to passive speakers (1 Viewer)

thoozer28

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul
Hey guys, I am in desperate need of help here.

I got this huge ass Technical Pro Nuke 15" sub with max 1500 watts and two 500 watt powered out puts for speakers. What im trying to do is connect my pc to the sub and the sub to my passive speakers. I got a 1/8 to split RCA going from my pc to the line in under the subwoofer section, all im getting is bass which should be correct, but im not sure where to put the other RCA connection coming from my PC since there is only one line in for the woofer( this is white). There is a red RCA connection under the subwoofer out. There are also two (red/white) RCA connections next to this under a label satellite, the top two are line in the bottom two are line out. There are two Speakon powered out-puts one L and one R below the speakon connections are a set of 2 female bare wire connections (-,+ and +,-)

So I really need to get the mids and highs going and Im not sure what connections need to be made, I also dont know if it makes a difference but my speakers i want to output to are a pair of Yamaha NS-A838's which have a maximum of 200 watts(not sure if the 500w powered outputs is too much for the speakers have).

Sorry this would have been alot eaiser if i had my camera. Thanks so much guys

thoozer28

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul
got pictures. i currently have only lows coming out when the RCA is hooked up to the subwoofer line in port, but when i touch the other RCA (from the 1/8 to 2 RCA's) to any of the other ports on the metal out side of the port i can get some vocals for some reason, still need some advice guys!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If your PC just has a 2 channel (L/R, Red White) output, you'll have to do some combining/splitting. You'll have to split both L & R, then take one of the pairs and combine them. So, you'll end up with one stereo L/R set and a mono. You plug the stereo set into the corresponding "Satellite Line In" and the mono into the Sub In. There doesn't appear to be a high pass filter on the satellites, so it won't be an ideal detup, but it doesn't sound like there is much of an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks