What's new

Need help cleaning my RPTV screen... (1 Viewer)

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Hitachi Ultravision 50" RPTV. My cleaning lady used some sort of cleaner on the screen. Anyway, she didn't use it on the whole screen- in other words, she cleaned in a circular motion not touching the four corners of my screen. Here is the problem, when something light comes on the screen (looking at the ice when watching a hockey game) you can see a discloration circle on my screen. The corners look a shade brighter than the rest of the screen. What should I use to clean the screen now? Is soap and water OK? How much to replace the screen? Thx.

John_Drake

Grip
Hey Josh,
From what I have learned, you should not use ammonia based cleaners (ie. Windex, etc) on your RPTV screen. It can damage it! If this is the first time, you're probably ok. Just clean it off asap. I generally use a soft damp cloth to gently clean my RPTV screen, then a soft dry cloth to finish it. Don't use paper towels either. Eyeglass cleaning cloth would be great.
In your current situation, you should probably use a mild detergent with your damp cloth to clean that stuff off your screen.
Anyone else have some input?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks