What's new

Need help choosing size distance etc. for a fp (1 Viewer)

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
ok,i am choosing between a lcd/dlp fp and a rptv.
as far as size(screen,and rptv box) i am leaning toward fp.
what i need help with is....
I want a 8' wide screen.how far does the projector need to be from the screen to do that?
how far should i sit from the screen?i have 16' to work with
if it is 8' wide,how tall does it need to be?my celings are low at 7' and i have 3' tall speakers so the screen either needs to be a. only 4' tall or b. fit inbetween the speakers.b is probably what i will end up doing.
8' is just what i think i would like the best.that will be my starting point.i might go bigger or smaller once i actually get the projector.when i do get it,i will just use a white or grey wall as a screen until i figure out what works best.
------------------
"And the horse i rode in on?"...Marge Simpson

KeithA

Grip
Go to http://www.projectorcentral.com/projection_calc.cfm
The distance you'll need will depend on the projector and/or the lens you put on it. It will let you input width, height, diagonal, throw distance, whatever...
I don't recall how far you should sit for that (and it's a matter of personal preference and depends on projector quality anyway). I think I once heard 1.5 times the screen diagonal is a good starting point.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks