What's new

Need help choosing receiver to go along with purchased items (1 Viewer)

okeyo

Auditioning
Real Name
Okey
Hello All

I am new here and would like some assistance with setting up home theater.

I just purchased 15 speakers total and an amp and need to know what kind of receiver I can get to work with all 15 speakers. I don't know how I can plug all 15 speakers into the receiver. I was suggested to get the amp below and connect it to the receiver but need help on choosing a receiver. Below I have the speakers and amp specifications. Thanks!

SPEAKERS
[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Specs:[/COLOR]
Visonik VR802
350 Watts RMS to 700 Watts Power Handling per Two Pair
175 Watts RMS to 350 Watts Power Handling Per Pair
85 Watts RMS to 175 Watts Power Handling Each
Impedance: 8 Ohm

Visonik VR652
[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Specs[/COLOR]
300 Watts RMS to 600 Watts Power Handling Per Two Pair
150 Watts RMS to 300 Watts Power Handling Per Pair
75 Watts RMS to 150 Watts Power Handling Each
Impedance: 8 Ohm

AMP
New PYLE PRO PPA200 2000W 2 Channel DJ Power Amplifier
[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Specs:[/COLOR]
2000W 2 Channel Bridgeable Pro Audio Power Amplifier

2000 Watts Total Output Power

Continuous Output Power:

Stereo Mode:

20Hz to 20kHz, 8 Ohms 70W x 2

1kHz, 4 Ohms 100W x 2

Maximum Power, 8 Ohms 110W x 2

Maximum Power, 4 Ohms 130W x 2

Peak Power, 8 Ohms 800W x 2

Bridged Mode:

20Hz to 20kHz, 8 Ohms 200W x 1

1kHz, 8 Ohms 200W x 1

Peak Power 2000W x 1

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by okeyo ">[/url]

I just purchased 15 speakers total and an amp and need to know what kind of receiver I can get to work with all 15 speakers. I don't know how I can plug all 15 speakers into the receiver.
[/QUOTE]You don't plug all 15 speakers into a receiver. If you buy a 7.1 receiver, you plug in 7 speakers. If you buy a 5.1 receiver, you plug in 5 speakers. The Pyle amp could be used to power a sub. Set up your speakers like this - [url=http://www.dolby.com/consumer/setup/speaker-setup-guide/index.html]http://www.dolby.com/consumer/setup/speaker-setup-guide/index.html[/url]

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by [b]okeyo[/b] [url=/forum/thread/299023/need-help-choosing-receiver-to-go-along-with-purchased-items#post_3671628]

okeyo

Auditioning
Real Name
Okey
Okay, let me rephrase this. I am actually trying to have speakers all through the house not home theater. I want to have speakers in all rooms, kitchen and bathrooms. This is why I purchased the 15 in wall speakers...sorry I should have stated this correctly.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, in-walls are never recommended for critical listening but if that is what you want. You have numerous options but most require a multi-zone A/V receiver. The receiver powers the speakers in the theater and the 2nd zone output is responsible for the rest of the house.

1. 2nd zone is powered and sends a high level signal to all speakers. The volume of the system is the same in every room.
2. 2nd zone is powered and sends a high level signal to all speakers. To control the volume in each room, a rheostat
type volume control is required in each room.
3. 2nd zone is passive and sends a low level signal to the Pyle amp. The Pyle amp powers all of the speakers the rest of the house. The volume of the system is the same in every room.
4. 2nd zone is passive and sends a low level signal to the Pyle amp. The Pyle amp powers all of the speakers the rest of the house. To control the volume in each room, a rheostat
type volume control is required in each room.

All of the above require a speaker level impedance matching system as well. You are limited to a single audio source in all of the rooms at the same time. If you want different audio sources playing at the same time you just added another level of complexity to the system. You also need to figure out how you will control source selection from each room.

Based on this, clearly state your goals of what you want out of the entire system as well as the features required for the receiver. Do you HDMI switching in the theater? But no matter what you choose, at least start looking at the options at Smart Home dot com and Parts Express dot com. Both of those sites have whole house audio components.

okeyo

Auditioning
Real Name
Okey
Ok. I actually don't necessarily want the home theater setup. I'm actually just trying to get 15 speakers throughout the house for basic listening like background music. I want to see with the equipment that I have now, what receiver or specs for a receiver can I get to accomplish this. I hope this makes sense.

okeyo

Auditioning
Real Name
Okey
Sorry, yeah I was confused. So what can I use if I don't need a real receiver?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Simple way: One impedance matching volume control in each zone. Your power amp supplying the power to all of the speakers. Then you need a source which could be as simple as a radio or CD player as long as it has a line output.
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-552
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=183-212&FTR=WHOLE%20HOUSE%20AUDIO&CFID=1075286

Complex way: 6 source / 8 zone system - http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-820

You have a goal of background music in multiple rooms. You need to decide on functionality. Do you want different sources in each room. Satellite radio in the bedroom, terrestrial radio in the living room and CD in the bathroom? How will you switch sources without walking into the equipment room? What kind of remotes will you use? Do you want volume controls on the wall or will you use remote controls exculsively?

There are hundreds of ways to tackle this project but only you can know what you want out of the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks