What's new

Need help choosing new HT speakers (1 Viewer)

Porfirio

Second Unit
One of my bookshelf speakers "died" today. :frowning: So I figure that now would be a good time to replace all of my HT speakers. After all, all speakers HAVE to match. :wink: Well, that's the excuse I'm using. :D I was thinking of going with the Klipsch Synergy III series.

Bookshelf (model: B-2) 5 1/4" - 2-way
Center (model: C-1) 4" - 2-way or (model: C-2) 5 1/4"
Surrounds (model: S-1) 4" - 2-way or (model: S-2) 5 1/4"

Another option I am considering is temporarly replacing just the front three speakers with the following:

Sony 8" 3-Way Extended-Response Bookshelf Speakers (model: ssmb350h)
Sony Dual 5-1/4" 2-Way Extended-Response Center-Channel Speaker (sscn550h)

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advanced.

Here is the current set-up I have:
Sony STR-DE445 (80x5 watts)
Speakers: Sony (purchased back in '94)

BTW, the room size is 14' x 11' 1/2" and money is a factor.

Brian_Fly

Stunt Coordinator

Then I'd say those klipsch speakers would be a good option if you're more into home theater. My preference would be the closeout SF-2, SC-1, and SS-1 though- with any leftover money going to a new receiver (it may have had something to do with your dead bookshelf).

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Absolutly SKIP on the Sony's. They are terrible, not even close to the Klipsch. The 8" woofers in those Sony's have a problem of the rubber surround RIPPING and ruining the speaker. I don't like them, even a bit. Consumer Reports liked them, but they are fools when it comes to audio gear.

I love the Synergy's and because I work there, I am getting a full 5 channel rig and a Denon 2805 or 3805 off the top, and maybe a REL sub later.

Porfirio

Second Unit
That's what happened to my current bookshelf; but it has what appears to be foam instead of rubber.

Thanks for the help guys. I guess I'm going for the Klipsch. :)

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
No problem, we are here to help!

The Klipsch's will blow your mind, and they are worthy of a better receiver down the road.

Just set the speakers to 'small' in your receiver and you will be able to play them extremly loud with no issue, and the sound will be cleaner.

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks