What's new

Need help choosing DLP (1 Viewer)

Bryan*D

Grip
I'm looking for a 60", or larger, HDTV and have decided to go with a DLP. I can't choose between the Mitsubishi 60" (WD-60735) or a Samsung brand. Best Buy has the Mitsubishi for under $1000 this weekend. I've found a Samsung 67" (HL67A510) for $1500 (which includes a stand) at CompUSA. Is the Mitsubishi worth it? Should I hold out for a Samsung?

I can't find many reviews for either one, or DLP in general.

Thanks!

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I'll be getting the Samsung 67" LED DLP, as soon as I can.
I like the LED, since there will be no bulb to change. There's also no color wheel to start squealing or break. Those two things alone, were enough to lead me towards the Samsungs, along with very good looking pictures.
Good luck!

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
I just picked my HL67A750 up last week. The Phlatlight technology of the HL61A and 67A make it a no brainer... 30 to 60 thousand hours of longevity from the light source, less heat, less current draw, accurate and stable color, no color wheel, no rainbow issues, the fastest cyclic times of any display etc.

I'm floored by my 67 LED DLP!

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
cool
You may want to consider installing a back light to help the displays black levels.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Gregg,

It's in the works! I am going to install three 6500K LED strips, one on each side and one on the top on the backside.

Bryan*D

Grip
Thanks for the information. Very helpful.

Brett, I've caught a couple of your other posts regarding the 67" and really like what I'm hearing.

...now just need to figure out how to squeeze that into our Christmas budget...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eathree
Recent bookmarks