Need help choosing between two sets of Athena speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by James__D, Jul 16, 2005.

1. James__D

James__D Auditioning

I'm torn between getting a set of ASB1(front)/AS-R1(Surround)/ASC-1(Center) with the Sony Powered Sub I already have for 329.99$CAD

Or

I can get a Point 5 MIKII SE Speaker system, (4X S.5 Satellites/C.5 Center & AS-P300 Sub) for 499.99$CAD

Just need to know if the ASB1/AS-R1 combo would be better than the 4X S.5s... keeping in mind that I already have a good sub.

Thanks,

2. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Which Sony do you have??

The R1 combo will be of better quality(probably slight) but the 300 series subwoofer is a nice little sub.

I'd say get the R1 package if have the WM40(or better) sub from Sony, or get the Point 5 if you need the speaker mounts.

Brent

3. James__D

James__D Auditioning

It's an older Sony sub I got at a sweet price awile back when I started college.

It's an SA-W10

4. James__D

James__D Auditioning

Ouch... Just checked Ebay for fun and the last SA-W10 sold for only 32.25$. [​IMG]

Guess it's time to upgrade huh? LoL [​IMG]

5. TommyWMedford

TommyWMedford Stunt Coordinator

On audiogon.com, there's an a Point 5 system on there for only $119 US, OBO. I just purchased a pair of Athena Micra Sats from the same guy for only $35 shipped. Offer him $100 shipped, and I'm almost postive he'll accept. His system doesn't come with the subwoofer, though.

6. JeffLab

JeffLab Stunt Coordinator

I know this response is a little late, but I just came across this post today.

Edit: I just saw your other post, I see you already made up your mind. Please disregard my reply.