Need help choosing between 2 CRT's

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Luke_R, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Luke_R

Luke_R Agent

I am torn between the Hitachi 57gwx20b and the Mitsubishi WS-55315, I am unable to look at the Hitachi since it is a 2002 model but it's seems to have impressive features on paper and I could actually get it for a couple hundred cheaper than the mitsubishi since I would be buying it refurbished, anyone have any experiences on either of these two televisions?

Also can anyone who has experience with the Hitachi tell me how deep the top edge is, I need to know if it is deep enough to put a center channe on top of it like the Mits is.

Thanks

2. Chad B

Chad B Stunt Coordinator

I'm familiar with the Hitachi 57SWX20b. I don't know how that differs from the 57GWX20b, but I'm sure it's awfully close. It is a good performer, but what really makes it shine is that it is so tweekable. In other words, it has service menu adjustments for everything a good ISF tech needs.
    The Mits is a great set also, but many recent Mitsu's are not as tweekable for a calibrator or advanced DIY'er.
    My customers that have had 57SWX20b's have had center channels sitting on top. One had a fairly good size Klipsch on his.

3. Luke_R

Luke_R Agent

Thanks Chad, I just realized I actually am looking at the swx and not the gwx, don't know how I confused those keys.... Anyways, I'm definetly leaning toward the swx, it looks like it should be able to hold my center channel and based on what I've read looks to be in a different class than the mits which is pretty darn good itself.