What's new
World Wide Stereo

Need help choosing a display... (1 Viewer)

Bullet Head

Agent
Real Name
Amir
I am a noobie. I just saw a Sony Grand WEGA KDS-R60XBR1 60" LCOS Projection TV for $2750 with a 5-year in-house warranty (MSRP $4k). Picture looks great, but I heard that if I get a PS3, it will not work with this TV because it is a 1080p display and does NOT accept 1080p but accepts 1080i.

Another one I saw was the Hitachi 70" rear projection LCD for $2800. I forget what the model number is on it but it looked great.

Would I be happier with a $2k Samsung or a Panasonic Plasma? I know the picture is great on the plasma but Ive heard that the Sony LCOS mentioned above is phenomenol and can be superior when compared to $2k plasmas.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Hi Amir - I would deeply consider either the Sony SXRD you were looking at, or the JVC D-ILA sets. Both are LCoS 1080p. And you will have no problems inputting 1080i from a PS3. And for the record, LCoS is far superior to Rear Projection LCD (in my not so humble opinion).

As for plasma's, take a look at the Panasonic TH-50PX60U. This is an excellent plasma, and definately worth consideration. But at the end of the day, you're getting far more value from a 60" LCoS set than a 50" plasma of the same price.

Bullet Head

Agent
Real Name
Amir
Hi Alon,
Thanks for the reply. I think I will go with the SXRD, the picture looks great when I compare it to the other tvs in the store. I think they dropped the price further to $2500 with the 5-yr warranty and 1 free bulb.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WoutV
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale