NEED HELP-Ceiling Speakers

wikkey

Auditioning
Real Name
kyle
I am considering getting ceiling speakers but have some questions first.
-Where is a good place with good prices to buy ceiling speakers (online)?
-I want to put only one speaker in a bathroom, i heard you are supposed to always have 2 speakers hooked up to the volume control, is this true? Basically I am asking can you hook up only one speaker to a volume control, will it sound like crap??
-Is there special speakers for bathrooms? like moisture resistant?????

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Be patient. This isn't real-time support. We all have other responsibilities but like helping others with their questions.

Check out Parts Express for ceiling speakers. They carry a few lines. I've used the house brand Dayton with very good success. They even have a single speaker with a stereo hookup. All of their speakers are either poly or kevlar cones so they will be moisture resistant.

-Robert

wikkey

Auditioning
Real Name
kyle
thanks for the info! I live in Canada though.... any canadian sites or places that ship to canada???????????

wikkey

Auditioning
Real Name
kyle
do u know of any volume controls that will do only 1 speaker or can i jiust use a regular volume control and just not hook up the "left" speaker?

James Edward

Supporting Actor
Just do a search for a "dual voice coil" speaker. It will have inputs for a left and right channel, so you would then be using a regular stereo volume control.
There are plenty of dual VC speakers around. Even RadioShack sells them.
Add 'Canada' in the search engine and I'm sure you'll find companies that ship there too.

wikkey

Auditioning
Real Name
kyle
Has any1 heard of the brand:

MTX/MUSICA 6.5" DUAL WEATHER RESISTANT (MUSIC622WRM)

amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_e/105-0696972-1538068?url=me%3DACP6JMVRXLHJ5&field-keywords=musica+weather

Any good???

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gullfo