What's new

Need help capturing a picture from a dvd.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am not that computer literate. I am trying to find out how I can capture a picture from a dvd? Are their any cheap programs that do it? I have a s-video hookup to my NVIDEA GeForce4 graphics card.

Thanks!

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Doug. I wonder how come they are so cheap. I saw that program for $50 everywhere else. It says it is an OEM version. What does that mean?

Rob Landolfi

Stunt Coordinator
Todd,

OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer. This means that the version they're selling for $0.99 (great deal Doug) is the same version that would be found on a PC when it comes to you from the manufacturer. The Dell, ABS, Sony, HP, etc. that you buy from various sources may have this pre-installed.

The difference between this and the retail version is that the retail version would come with extras that may include the box, printed manual, driver CD, etc. The OEM version is fine as you can get the manual and any potential new drivers from the web. PowerDVD has a very simple capture/freeze frame function. Good luck.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Sometimes the OEM versions lack specific features, like the frame capture....

//Ken

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
My Dell came with the OEM version of PowerDVD and it did not have the capture function. I had to purchase the full version.

Rob Landolfi

Stunt Coordinator
Ken,

Good info on the screen capture and not all versions having it. My ABS PC came with PowerDVD 4.0, and it has the image capture function.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks