Need Help Buying 27" Tv

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Steven_Jobe, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Steven_Jobe

Steven_Jobe Stunt Coordinator

I'm in the market for a 27" TV. First I'm unsure as to whether I should spend the money on an HD set right now or wait until they're cheaper and/or better in the 27" range(please don't feed me the typical everything is going to HD in a few years because it has been confirmed that analogue TV's will be able to handle digital broadcast's via a down-converter).

Also, should I end up getting an HDTV, which 27" set should I go for? The only one I've been considering really is the Zenith 27" 'cause it's the only one at the moment with a DVI input however it is no longer carried at Best Buy or Circuit City(last one was sold today in my area). What does everyone think on this situation? Which is the best 27" HDTV or are there better one's coming out soon? Or should I consider the 26" widescreen Samsung(although for that much I'd prefer the 32" Sanyo at WallyWorld). And I really watch more regular broadcasts than anything which are all in 4:3(at least what I watch).

Anyways, sorry for the long post but I really need some help.

2. Steven_Jobe

Steven_Jobe Stunt Coordinator

C'mon, this is my second thread asking this, someone has to be able to help.

3. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

If your not in a hurry I would wait until "ALL" the new models are out & have been tested. Myself I going to give the Sanyo 32" a shot at Wal-Mart but not until they drop to under $700 I'm guessing just before Xmas but who knows. If you can't wait & had to stick with the 27" size I would probably go with the 27" Sony. I do know though that Sanyo has been getting a lot of email's asking for them to release the 27" HDTV in the USA & not just Canada. If they do it will probably be around $550 Again though I would wait who knows what JVC will have & what the new Zenith's might be like. But sofar I'm going to give the 32" Sanyo a shot around the 1st of the year unless some other new set comes out that is getting rave reviews [​IMG] & I figure if I'm not happy with it Wal-Mart will take it back even if I play around with it for 6 months or so.