What's new

Need help Burning Drive Image to CD-R with Norton Ghost (1 Viewer)

Brian Mansure

Second Unit
My Dell machine has one HD and I would like to have a Drive Image for backup purposes.

I figured the easiest way would be to use Ghost 2000 and just have it span the image over a few CD-Rs.
I looked for instructions on how to do this but ended up more confused then when I started.

Is there a simple procedure for completing this task?
If so, would you mind sharing with me in detail how to accomplish it?

I'm fairly knowledgeable around computers but have never really used back-up or drive imaging software before.

BTW, I'm running WinXP Pro on a Pentium III 450 with a 13 Gig hd, and 384MG PC100.

I appreciate any and all help with this.

Thanks,
Brian

Sean P

Agent
Using ghost explorer, you can chop the image into CD sized parts. From there, create a norton ghost boot floppy. Make your first cd bootable using that floppy and copy the first image file. Sounds harder than it is, but notron dosen't go into too much depth about ghost explorer.

Hope this helps,

Sean

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Brian,
Ghost 2000 cannot write image files directly to CD-R. That feature only became available with versions 2001 and later.

You can do as Sean suggested, or alternatively use the -split option when you run Ghost, like this:

ghostpe.exe -split=640

(where 640 is the size in mb that you want to split at)

This will automatically save the image file as 640mb sections. These can then be written to CD-R with your normal CD writing software.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks