What's new

Need help/advice on speaker placement (1 Viewer)

Justin Gates

Agent
OK, here is kind of a crude version of how my HT is setup. Its an apartment and not the most ideal place to have a setup but its what I've gotta work with. I'm just looking for any suggestions to improve my sound setup which would include rearranging. The system is used for 90% hometheater, 10% music.
Link Removed

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
Justin,
How about rotating the whole setup 90 degrees, with the tv and mains in front of the window, leave the sub in the corner. Toe-in the mains (slightly) and calibrate using and SPL meter.

Jim J

Second Unit
I'd agree. I had an apartment sort of like that. Try what Frank suggests.
Is that wall behind the couch full or half? Half might present a problem with mounting the surrounds. Otherwise...

Justin Gates

Agent
Well, I was bored this morning and decided to do some rearranging. Here is what I came up with. I havent had a chance to do alot of tests. I think the soundstage may be a bit cramped because I only have a width of about 10 feet to place my TV, mains and center channel. I'm sure it'll need some tweaking to see if I'll like this configuration. My next challenge is going to be surround placement as I really dont have any walls to mount them on and it would be hard to have them to the sides of the seating position. I may just end up putting them behind the seating postion on stands like I have in my new diagram.
I did like and have considered Franks suggestion but the problem is that window is a really big picture window and just below that window is my air conditioning unit.
Well here it is:
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks