What's new

Need help/advice Bookshelf Vs. Floorstanding (1 Viewer)

Kamal_K

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking at getting front speakers from klipsch. The problem is that my wife would prefer bookshelf vs floorstanding. I was looking at the Klipsch RB-5 II Bookshelf vs. The Klipsch RF-3 II Floorstanding. The bookshelf are about $60.00 more which I did not expect. I heard that I will lose quality if I go with the bookshelf. What do you guys think? They are located here: http://store.yahoo.com/crazyeddieonline/klipsch.html

DanaA

Screenwriter
Well, I ended up buying the RB5ii's after auditioning both, but it's really up to the individual. I've heard the book shelf Klipsch might use a different crossover. Why I liked them was that the mids and highs came across a little smoother and sweeter. Maybe it's because small cabinets can be made to be more rigid. The RF3's had far better bass extention, but, again my ears, I felt the RB5's were a bit more composed. I'd have to say though that I liked both speakers a lot and completely understand whoever prefers the RF3ii's. A final decision making factor was my wife, who liked the looks of the RB5ii's, especially in what they refer to as their cherry colored veneer. Also, as far as cost, there might be an extra expenditure if you are buying nice stands.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Remember that Klipsch will not honor a warranty on online speaker purchases.
Secondly(if I remember correctly) Crazy Eddie doesnt exactly have the best reputation.
As far as the speakers, I did listen to them locally, the RF-3s and the RB-5s sounded very similar. I guess its a matter of what you want.

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
Kamal,

If anything the RB-5s are the better sounding speakers. If you plan on using a subwoofer, buy them. (Their bass is pretty bad.)

Sreeni

Grip
Kamal, Are you planning on buying a sub? You will definitely need a sub if going with the monitors.

Good luck,
Sreeni

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks