What's new

Need help adding third set of speakers (1 Viewer)

Aubrey

Grip
I currently have a HT/hi-fi receiver system with an A/B speaker selection button. I have installed speakers in another room in my house, and if I am listening to music, I turn on the B speakers and can listen to music in both rooms. I am re-arranging my house and would like music piped into a third room.

My question is, what would be the best way (or is there a way?)to add a third set of speakers into my system for a grand total of six speakers (two per room) for music listening

Is there a way to do it with my current receiver? Would there be a signal degradation? Do I have to add another piece of equipment?

Doug Drake

Stunt Coordinator
Aubrey - I am doing something similar to you for music throughout the house. I have one system dedicated to my HT/music room, and I am using a separate receiver to drive the "house" speakers (a mid-80's NAD -- it's built like a tank and puts out strong, clean power). I am driving 6 pairs of speakers off it using a speaker-switching box to keep the load on the receiver correct (impedance-wise, ya know...).
You may want to use a similar switch in your situation. They are not going to give you audiophile quality sound as they can introduce distortion (inaudible to me, though, in my situation). Check the switches out at http://www.accessories4less.com/index.asp
Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks