What's new

Need Help: Acoustech, Axiom, or Klipsch (1 Viewer)

KenD

Auditioning
I need some help setting up my new home theater. I will be setting up a 7.1 home theater system powered with a Yamaha RX-V2400. But heres the big question....
i can't decide between Klipsch, Acoustech, or Axiom speakers! I have heard Klipsch (RF7 line) and i like them..but they are the most expensive and i am trying to stay within budget. I have heard many good things about Axiom speakers and more recently, Acoustech by BIC. Acoustech is cheapest and it seems like Axiom gets rave reviews.....has anyone had experience in comparing, etc. theses speakers? i would value any opinions.
FYI....my home theater will be mainly for DVDs and HD viewing...probably 60/40 split (dvd's mainly). THANKS for the replies

k

I heard that the Yamaha receivers are on the bright side. I don't know first hand, but I do know that the Klipsch are bright, and was told to go with a receiver that was a little warmer. So far the Onkyo system/brand new Klipsch's are about as bright as I would like to get.

Bryan Weaver

Frank.Ch

Agent
Hi Ken,

I just set up my Yamaha HTR 5760 with my Klipsch Synergy SF-3 speakers, SC-1 center, and SS-1 surrounds. The speakers definitely sound brighter, but for home theater I think it is fine to my ears.

Good luck,
Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks