need HD tv info..Hitachi

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Peter f, Dec 10, 2001.

1. Peter f

Peter f Stunt Coordinator

Hi Guys, i am unfimilar with the HD tv equipment and was hoping you guys could help..

A buddy just bought model number 61UDX10B and i am unsure what he needs to recieve the HD tv signals, does he need just an antenna? or a decoder too, sorry for the basic questions but all of this is new to me and VERY new to him and he asked me for help..

2. Mike PM

Mike PM Auditioning

Sounds like you want to just be able to receive the free OTA(over the air) digital programming offered by your local TV stations. If so, you will need a STB(set top box) and a good UHF antenna, as most digital broadcasts utilize the UHF band. Be sure to use the component inputs.
    Go here and sign up (free) to see what is available in your neck of the woods:
    http://www.titantv.com/ttv/index.asp
    Be aware that the quality of signal you can receive depends on your location relative to the transmission towers and the wattage the stations are using for their digital broadcasts. Be prepared to do a lot of fiddling with antennas and their placement if you are in area where the signal is weak.
    Good luck![​IMG]

3. Mike PM

Mike PM Auditioning

Forgot to mention the best value right now in a OTA only STB is the Samsung SIR-T150 available for about $400.to $450. after a factory $100.00 rebate.