1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Need Harmony Elite help

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by greggor, Sep 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. greggor

greggor Second Unit

Greg
    I Purchased the Harmony Elite with the hub this weekend. All my devices are programmed and they work but I'm having an issue with the activities not turning all of my devices on unless the remote is pointed directly at them. My components are hidden so this is a real hassle.

I'm sure the issue is that I don't fully understand the hub, where I should place it and where the IR blasters should go, I have tried several different locations around my room to no avail.

My Receiver is the Pioneer SC67 and this is the one component doesn't want to turn on unless the remote is pointed directly at it. Please help.

2. Message #2 of 5 Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    JohnRice

JohnRice Executive Producer

John
    You shouldn't need to point the remote at anything. I can look at mine if you can't find it, but you program each component, or maybe each command, for where it is transmitted from. You have options of hub, remote, blaster 1 and blaster 2. Commands can be sent by any, a combination, or all of those. I don't program the remote to transmit any commands with mine, ever. Once you understand this, it should be pretty obvious which components should have their commands sent from where. There should be no guessing involved, and when it's programmed right, it should work 100% of the time.

All of my equipment, except the TV, is in a large rack at the left front of the room, with the TV in the middle of the same wall. I set the hub up high at the back of the room, facing the equipment, so it has a clear transmission path to everything without using any blasters.

greggor likes this.
  3. greggor

greggor Second Unit

Greg
    Thank you! It's working perfectly now. I went into the settings on the remote and changed it so my receiver works on "all" instead of just "remote".

The remote itself will take some getting used to as it's not as user friendly for watching Directv as the genie remote. Still though, it's nice to be able to control all of the features of my HT system without having to get up and walk over to the side of the room where my components are located and point the remote directly at my receiver. This is what I had to do with my very old URC MX700 I was using. I want to get some remote controlled light switches so I can add a dim the lights activity to my harmony. Any suggestions on some switches I should look at? Thank your for the help. As you can tell it has been many years since I've upgraded the controls of my system.

4. greggor

greggor Second Unit

Greg
    Can someone tell me if Lutron switches work with the Elite?

5. JQuintana

JQuintana Second Unit

Johnny