What's new

Need Harman Kardon 635 help! (1 Viewer)

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
It is working out great, but it will not let me turn off DSP in stereo mode!

It just says either '5-channel stereo + DSP' or 'Surround off + DSP'

The instructions say to use the arrow buttons to change to different modes, including stereo with NO DSP.

What is going on?

Thanks!

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
OK:

CD player by way of the optical digital output. Normal music CD.

In 'surround off', even though the DSP letters are still on, it is running in 2-channel only.

in '5-channel stereo', the DSP light is still on, but no reverb (WHAT I WANT!!!).

Just want to know if I can 'turn off' the DSP once and for all. I have NO use for it.

Also, someone said (part of my buying decision) that I can listen in 2-channel with the sub on. Is this true?

Is the speaker X-over only active if I have the speakers set to 'small'?

Thanks so much!!!

Robert Hoffman

Stunt Coordinator
If you're using the optical (thus, it's digital) input, then it's impossible to turn off the digital processing (it has to be processed, otherwise you couldn't hear it). My guess would be that you need to use the analog inputs for the pure analog mode (ie, DSP off).

I have a HK AVR 230, but I imagine the menus are similar. You can use 2-ch mode with a subwoofer. Since you're using the digital input, you'll be able to set your fronts to large or small and be able to set the crossover however you want.

If you were using the analog mode, DSP off, your options would be a little bit more restricted. How limited depends on the receiver's capabilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks