1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Hard Disk Partitioning help

Discussion in 'Computers' started by StephenK, Feb 5, 2006.

1. StephenK

StephenK Stunt Coordinator

Hey all,

So I have a 2nd hard drive that already has 70gigs of Games on it. (Mostly Mame). I have another 60gigs free on it that I would like to partition as a separate drive and then password protect.

Is there a good app out there that will let me partition the drive without re-formatting? and then enable me to password protect the 2nd partition so that I can mount and unmount drive at will?

p.s. This is so I can let my small nephews play the games, but keep my other personal data protected.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

2. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

Partition Magic is the standard app for this kind of thing, however it's not free.

3. Christian Behrens

Christian Behrens Supporting Actor

Christian Behrens
    Something like PartitionMagic will let you create the additional partition (make sure to backup the drive beforehand), whether it can password protect it for you I don't know.

-Christian

4. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

Not sure if you can password-protect a partition, but you can certainly apply the relevant access permissions to the drive letter.

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Yeah, just partition it, and set the security on it for certain users, and then just have the nephews log in under a user (will most likely have to create a new user login) that can't access the new drive.