What's new

Need H/T receiver under 15" deep (1 Viewer)

Jim Mack

Auditioning
Unusual problem: we have a nice entertainment center, but the component shelves are only 16 1/2" deep. I figure I need at least 1*1/2" in back for cable connects, so that leaves only 15". I'd like to buy a decent 5.1+ receiver in the $500 - 800 range, does anyone have a suggestion? Don't need to shake the foundation, but would like multi-room pre outs for a whole house amp.

Thanks!

Richard.J

Grip
Cut out the back of the entertainment center? ;)
Seriously though, a quick look through a Crutchfield magazine I have sitting here shows that Pioneer, Yamaha and Kenwood 6/7 channel receivers all fall into the 15" range, you may be able to find something that fits your needs there.
Their other, and as far as I know, higher end brands, Onkyo, H/K, and Denon, for example, all take up more than 16", 17", and even 18" of depth if you go multichannel.

Jim Mack

Auditioning
Thanks, Richard. Cutting the entertainment center is a last ditch option, pretty irreversable if we change component positions later. I did find one receiver under 15", the NAD T752. Looks like I'll go with it.

SvenS

Second Unit
NOT a good idea to base your receiver buying on how small the receiver's dimentions are! All you will end up with is a well placed receiver (in your entertainment center) with sub standard sound. Your much better off finding a solution to how to put a full-size receiver into the entertainment center instead.

Also since most surround receivers run pretty warm you may consider putting the receiver on the top for the best cooling and then the space constraints go away! A lot of enclosed entertainment centers can cause over heating of receivers without plenty of ventilation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks