Need good vendors...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan M~, May 14, 2002.

1. Dan M~

Dan M~ Second Unit

The insurance co. finally claimed my PC DOA from the lightning strike. I'm now ready to build my next machine and I am looking for good parts vendors. I am looking for recomendations for online vendors that have good pricing (budget is limited) and are reliable/easy to work with. Any suggestions?

I'll need a new :

MB and CPU (P4)

Memory

Video card

Case and power supply(Mid tower)

Hard drives

CD/DVD burner

Thanks,

2. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    I have had very good luck recently with NewEgg. They carry all the components you could need and their prices are very competetive.
    I can even say their customer service is great. I had to return a stick of DDR-RAM to them and a replacement was sent a day later.
    You can also check for the best price of individual components using PriceWatch

TIP: You might consider getting a majority of your parts from the same vendor to save on S&H.

3. Rey L

Rey L Stunt Coordinator

4. Dan M~

Dan M~ Second Unit

Thanks Jason and Rey. I'll check out your recomendations.

I sure miss the ol' Computer Shopper "catalog"! I could sit down and scan a hundred vendors in less then an hour. I see TC Computer's is still online... bought my first 486 M/B from them years ago. Has anyone dealt with Motherboard Express? I'm still open for a list of good vendors.

Thanks again

5. Dennis Reno

Dennis Reno Supporting Actor

Dan,
    Before you purchase from an online vendor, I would recommend checking them out at Reseller Ratings. RR has been very helpful in evaluating vendors.
    I have used MultiWave dozens of times and have been very pleased. My next order will be through NewEgg to see if all the hype is true!
    No matter who you go with remember to check two things:
    1. What is the return policy?
    2. What are the shipping costs?
    Jasen is correct in recommending that you try to limit your purchases to one or two sources if possible! Paying S&H five or six times really eats into any savings on the components.