Need good radio for office use...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul_Fisher, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

I'm looking for a small radio to listen to while I'm at work. It needs to be small with good reception. I bought an alarm clock thinking it would do the trick, but the reception is awful because I'm in a building. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good radio with good reception for office use? Preferably in the $40-$50 range. I need it to be sort of medium to small size so I can put it on my desk.

Thanks

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Try an ordinary CD Boom Box. Having the external antenna can make all the difference if you are inside a building. And the CD player can be used as well even if you dont get reception.

3. Jeff Bamberger

Jeff Bamberger Second Unit

If your company firewall allows it, you could listen to streaming audio from the multitudes of radio stations airing their signal across the Net (of course this doesn't help you if your local station does not).

4. James Q Jenkins

James Q Jenkins Stunt Coordinator

Check out the Kloss designed radio they sell at Restoration Hardware. It's awesome. I think it's $100 though.

5. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer