1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Need for Speed HP2

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ethan_l, Oct 27, 2002.

1. ethan_l

ethan_l Stunt Coordinator

from what I have read the PS2 version of this game is the best, petty the XBOX ver don't even support progressive
    anyways I've just played the PC ver and it's pretty sweet game, just wondering if anyone can compare PC to the PS2
    ver

thanks

2. RayKk

RayKk Stunt Coordinator

I have been a big NFS fan from day 1 in v1 in dos, PC versions where always great, I have the Xbox version and it is a poor excuse, many changes have happened with EA and it looks like the NFS line is coming to an end, it looks like the programmers and production people took off to higher ground in the game wars.

3. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

The gameplay is good enough but it's the little things that are missing from the PC version that pisses me off. Things that were in the series from the beginning on the PC.
    - Saving replays
    - Changing camera angles in replays
    - More car information than just top speed, 0-60 and weight
    - Changing license plate
    I'm sure there's more but I haven't played the other versions is a long time. As was said in another thread, this NFS is a sloppy excuse. It's a low point in an otherwise fantastic series.

4. RayKk

RayKk Stunt Coordinator

Rob, I started the NFS sloppy excuse for Xbox thread and it is a bad excuse for NFS which has been a benchmark for racing games on PC, the Xbox version is disappointing, it seems when they ported it for Xbox they also downgraded it but that's the way it goes, IM waiting for the next blockbuster racing game to who ever makes it.

5. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

I briefly talked to a guy from Black Box about NFS on the other systems (He was an artist on the PS2 version and was asking about how it was selling). He said the team in Seattle just couldn't keep up.

I've been playing the PC version and think it's a lot of fun. I haven't played the series much at all since NFS3 (the original Hot Pursuit). The graphics are nice, control is pretty tight, and there's enough variety in the race options to keep it interesting. I'd like to know what differences there might be also, as the XB version was supposedly based off the PC game.