Need fix on Denon 3802 by Thanksgiving! Please Help!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by SeannO, Nov 25, 2003.

1. SeannO

SeannO Auditioning

I'm having a ton of family over for thanksgiving and I have recently noticed that my right main speaker only plays a slight hissing noise while watching TV. The only other source I have hooked up is the DVD player and that works fine. I even tried an audio phase test and it seemed to be working. When I watch TV, I get nothing. I've tried almost every mode from PLII to Stereo to 5 channel stereo to Direct. I still get the hiss and to make matters worse, in PLII mode, the dialogue seems to be coming from my left main. I don't have a clue and the manual is of no help. Has anyone heard of this before or know how I can fix this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have been building my HT for a while and was looking forward to wowing the family. Thanks in advance.

2. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

I'd check (break & remake) all my connections and reset everything to default to beging with.

3. Ronald C

Ronald C Auditioning

SeannO,
    First of all, do you have the L/R RCA audio outputs on your television running to your receiver? If so, make sure that the connections are secure and the cable is not damaged. Since your DVD player works fine, it seems that it is a connection issue. Let me know what you find.

Ron

4. SeannO

SeannO Auditioning

It did turn out to be a bad wire connecting the TV audio to the reciever. I do not have a vcr or cable box attached to this TV, so it goes directly from the TV to the reciever. I first pulled the connection and replaced it tightly. That made the difference for a few days, but then I had the same problem yesterday. I just hit the wire and it was fixed. I assume it must be a loose wire in the connector. They are old cheap RCA cables. I will be replacing them shortly. I appreciate all the advice which helped me fix the problem just in time and get several compliments on the system.