What's new

Need Fantasty Football advice!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
OK guys, I am in a bind. I need some outside advice at who I should start at RB this week.
Anthony Thomas is a given, now, my 2nd running back is were I have my dilema. Do I start Lamar Smith at Indy, or do I start Duce Staley vs. Minnesota? I am getting down about Lamar because his rushing numbers just plain stink lately, but I am a bit skeptical about Duce. For some reason I have a feeling that Duce may break out today vs. a very weak Vikings D, but I am also having a feeling that Lamar may have a good game vs. a very weak Colts D.
Help me out folks. I have a few hours until game time.
-Dean-
------------------
My HT Equipment
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

MikeM

Screenwriter
Start Duce. Both a equally suspect, but I'd give the nod to Duce.
If you have real guts you can sign Zack Crockett (since I'm assuming no one will have him in your league) and start him. It's a long shot, and he'll never get more than 30 yards or so, but the Raiders bring him in on goal line situations and he can SCORE. Against a run D like Seattle, he *could* have 2 TDs...again, it's a longshot, but hey, he had 2 last week.
Good luck!
------------------
mike_sig.jpg

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Wish I'd seen this thread earlier. I honestly would have said Duce.
Based on what he did today, I really hope you did start him! :)
Go Eagles!
------------------
Scott Weinberg
------------------
ofcsminilogo2.gif

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Luckily I went with the Duce this week and most likely for the rest of the year as well. Lamar Smith is just doing plain bad. I am kicking myself for not starting Akers this week, but hopefully Stover kicks me a few tonight. Thanks for the help guys, I just needed some confidence in my decision to bench Lamar Smith. Now if I could just get Warner to catch fire, I'll be in good shape.
-Dean-
------------------
My HT Equipment

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Good choice on starting Duce. Sorry I didn't see this sooner, but I was out of town. Any running back against that horrible Vikings' defense is always a good bet. I started Staley this week for the first time since his injury, and he helped me to a big win. Of course, having Shaun Alexander didn't hurt (266 yards, 3 TDs).
I'll be starting Ron Dayne against the pathetic Vikings defense this weekend.
------------------
My DVD Collection
AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 1

John Johnson

Agent
Well, now I have another question. I'm 5-4 in my league, and 3-1 in my division. I have Jeff Garcia, Ricky Williams, Warrick Dunn (Maurice Smith rides the bench), Keenan McCardell, Marty Booker, Tim Brown, and Bill Schroeder.
Another divisional opponent has Deuce McAllister, and I'm looking to pick him up for possible playoff injury coverage. I was thinking about offering either Booker or Schroeder to trade. Looking at the schedules, it seems as if Schroeder has the easier wks. 15 & 16 (our playoffs). What do you think?

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
John,
I think you are going to give up too much for Deuce. Schroeder and Booker are producing too much and Deuce is nothing but a backup. Ricky Williams looks like he will stay healthy all season, so I wouldn't trade either one of those guys for McCallister.
-Dean-
------------------
My HT Equipment

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I agree with Dean. Booker and Schroeder (now that he's healthy) are too much to give up for Deuce as injury insurance. If you feel you must do this, I would give up Schroeder only because of his recent injuries.
I have a couple of dilemnas for my starting lineup this weekend. Culpepper vs. the Giants or Gannon vs. San Diego? I hate to bench Culpepper, since he's still putting up points even though the Vikings suck. However, Minnesota was shutout by the Giants in the playoffs last year. Right now I'm leaning towards Gannon.
The other dilemna is between Duce Staley (vs. Dallas), Isaac Bruce (vs. New England), Troy Brown (vs. Rams), Curtis Conway (vs. Oakland), Willie Jackson (vs. Indy) and Darrell Jackson (vs. Buffalo). I can start three (I already have Shaun Alexander and Ron Dayne vs. Minnesota in the lineup). Right now I'm leaning towards Staley, Bruce and Brown, but the others are producing too and the two Jacksons have favorable matchups..
------------------
My DVD Collection
AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 1

Users who are viewing this thread