1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Need expert help on speaker placement and sound adjusting.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrentJ, Jun 16, 2002.

1. BrentJ

BrentJ Second Unit

I would really appreciate any help someone could provide me with speaker placement and settings. How far should I place my front speakers from the tv itself?

Also, my center speaker can be adjusted (by adjusting the screws) to swivel up or down. Should I just leave it facing straight or will I get a better sound out of it by tilting it up?

As for the subwoofer, does it matter if its on the right or left side and how far should it be from the television?

On the speaker setup screen I have these options size, distance, balance, level, test tone.

My question here would be how far should I set the distances? I have my back speakers turned facing the couch (listening area) since my living room isn't that big.

The level setting has a db setting (which I know nothing about) I messed with it a little and notice that it makes the sounds higher or lower, but I don't know which speakers should be adjusted higher or lower.

As for the tv itself should I leave the volume of the tv all the way off when watching a movie or should I have the volume on?

Thanks alot for any help that someone can provide. I'm new to this. I know its alot of questions, but it would be greatly appreciated if someone could take the time to help.

p.s. By the way I have a sony Dav900 setup. I live in an apartment and the room is 36ft in width and 49ft length.

2. Bob Sheen

Bob Sheen Stunt Coordinator

3. BrentJ

BrentJ Second Unit

Thank You for the help!