What's new

Need "Do IT Yourself" info (1 Viewer)

GuyCB

Auditioning
Hi, I'm a new member. I will be building a house next spring and would like to study up on Home theater as-well-as whole house audio/video/networking. I have a few books (Smart home for Dummies) but would like to find much more to study. Any reference materials discussing "How-To's" is what I would like to find.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Hello Guy,
Welcome on the Forum!
That's a bit of a difficult question you're asking, because you're not very specific. Do you want to know about hardware for a HT, or are you merely looking for information on construction, etc.?
The Stereophile Guide to Home Theater has a long running series about the "secrets" of a good HT room. Also, you can look around on this forum to get some marvellous ideas. If you have more specific questions, someone will certainly dare to answer (:)).
I haven't read them myself, but I found a few book titles on the subject. Perhaps someone can tell us how good or bad these are:
- Home Theater for Everyone : A Practical Guide to Today's Home Entertainment Systems -- by Robert Harley, Tomlinson Holman; Paperback or Hardcover / Acapella Publishing / August 1997
- Complete Idiot's Guide to Home Theater Systems -- by Michael Miller; Paperback
- Build Your Home Theater in a Weekend (In a Weekend) -- by Cub Karabian, et al; Paperback
- Basic Home Theater: The Complete Guide to Buying, Installing and Maintaining Home Theater Systems
Gordon McComb / Paperback / Master Publishing, Incorporated / December 1998
- Build Your Own Home Theater
Robert Wolenik / Paperback / Butterworth-Heinemann / January 1993
- The Home Theater Companion: Buying, Installing, and Using Today's Audio-Visual Equipment
Howard Ferstler / Paperback / Music Sales Corporation / July 2000
Good luck!
Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks