What's new

Need DDR Pad (Dance Dance Revolution) advice! (1 Viewer)

JohnRyan

Stunt Coordinator
Need DDR Pad (Dance Dance Revolution) advice for Playstation II. Looking to purchase DDR pad for Christmas gift. Is there something specific I should be looking for?
We do know that we'd like one with foam and raised buttons. We found this one and are wondering if this would be acceptable? http://store.yahoo.com/tisinc99/heavdutddrno.html
Anybody have any thoughts on the situation? Thanks.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Check out www.ddrfreak.com
Their forums are filled with more DDR info then any mere mortal needs. Personally I use some cheap pads that I bought on eBay for like $15 a piece.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
You could buy some cheap pads for now and then make your own metal pads. There's a site that shows you how to do it, two friends of mine are making their own from scratch.

A friend of mine also has a metal one and loves it WAY more than his old plastic one. You could just invest in one of those.

DwightK

Second Unit
Go to Red Octane where your DDR needs will be met.
I personally have a cheapo MadKatz one but bought 2 good ones for nephews this xmas. You wont find any bad mojo on the Red Octane pads. Pretty much the best soft pads.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
yes, only lightweights can use the hard pads
which is why you build the arcade level pads :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I don't remember where that site was, I saw it at a friend's house and didn't pay much attention to the name.

IIRC, the directions were for making pads more like the hard ones than the arcade ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks