Need DBS/ Satellite System help!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Golden, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Jim Golden

Jim Golden Stunt Coordinator

Here's my system. I have two DSS receivers, the DSR6000 (Philips with TIVO) and a Huges. I have a single duel output dish, that combines with a powered antennae into an active diplexer. I have a diplexer prior to each receiver.

Here's what I've done. I picked up a 18*24 inch (open box buy) duel element dish at CC. I did this because I want to take advantage of the new dishes multiplexer and run two lines to my Philips TIVO unit (to watch one channel while recording another). I'm still running through my active diplexer (i.e. I connected two of the outputs from the multiplexer and the powered antennae input).

Here's the problem, using the duel inputs only one line of the TIVO, will detect satellite 119. Although one line is detected, it's only reading in the mid fifties.

Can anyone help?

Jim

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert

3. Jim Golden

Thanks Robert. Yes, one receiver (the non-TIVO)is picking up 119. The other is not.

I'll try switching the multiswitch, and see what that gets me.

Jim

4. Jim Golden

All:

Here was the problem....my off air antennae was blocking one side of Satellite 119 (this was not a problem with the single LNB dish).

At least it's fixed now!

Jim