Need Cordless mouse and keyboard

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew Chandler, Dec 21, 2001.

1. Andrew Chandler

I have a 36" Hitachi Ultravision TV that has the ability to be used as a computer monitor. I am trying to find a wireless keyboard and mouse so that I can use the computer from, say, my couch in the living room. The only problem is, most keyboards I see, like the Logitechs, only have a wireless range of 6ft. I'm looking for keyboard and mouse that have a range closer to 20ft. Does anybody know of a mouse and keyboard that have this range? Thanks in advance.

Andrew Chandler

Austin, TX

2. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    You might have luck with an IR extender. They can extend the IR signal beyond the 6ft range.

3. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

4. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Airboard is pretty much the IR board of choice for most HTPC folks- better range (25 feet)- and specifically better reception angle than many others (60 degrees I think).
    You can get the airboard for $50 here:
    http://www.digitalconnection.com/shopper_htpc.htm
    The airboard has the advantage of being IR- and this allows certain keyboard commands to be added to an IR remote device like pronto. If you don't need this sort of cross compatibility you could get a RF based keyboard which should extend the range greatly.
    -Vince