Need component video splitter for 2 TVs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Art Harris, Aug 29, 2001.

1. Art Harris

Art Harris Auditioning

I have 2 TVs and need to run component video cables to both of them, but I have only 1 component output from the source. What's the best way of splitting the signal without going the big bucks route?
    Art

2. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

Although not designed for your intended purpose, a video switcher like this one should work. These video switchers can accept 3 RCA type connections per input (left & right audio and composite video...not to mention S-video). Then one set would connect to the TV and the desired source is selected with the buttons on the switching box.
    For your application you can connect the component video output from the DVD player to the OUTPUT of the switcher and then connect two sets of component cables to two of the INPUTS on the switcher. Then, depending on which TV you want to feed, you would just select the appropriate button.
    Sending the signal to both TVs at the same time may be possible by not selecting any of the buttons (or possibly by pressing both at the same time) but I haven't actually tried that.
    Hope this helps.
    ------------------

3. Art Harris

Art Harris Auditioning

Vin:
    I have a simliar unit. It worked before I upgraded to component cables. I'm looking for something that will accept the component cables and will not degrade the signals.
    Art