What's new

Need component and analog cables recomendations (1 Viewer)

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
Need recomendations for an excellent performing component cable to pair with either a 59avi or 3910.

Also need recomendations for a good set of analog cables to use for dvd-A and sacd for one of these players.

I dont mind paying a little more for the cables if the quality will be better for more expensive cables.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I can only say, that on the cheap side of things, I have been using GE brand cables, and so far so good. I probably have a dozen different people's setups running on them.

But, it is never a bad idea to invest in better cables, just most people will go into sticker shock with the better stuff.

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
The best value in audio interconnects I have found so far are the Outlaw PCA cables. Excellent workmanship and quality materials at a very reasonable price. The only drawback is that they won't accept returns on cables unless they are defective, and then only for exchange. So try just 1 pair to start.

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
Just curious....how come you're intending on running component cables from either of those players (vs DVI/HDMI)?

Mort

Omar Torres

Stunt Coordinator
I seconded Blue jeans cables. I own Better Cables, AR Master and I like the Blue Jean Cable the best.

Rone

Auditioning
I also have outlaw audio interconnects. The analog audio cables are fantastic. All of the outlaw cables are a great value, but the component video cables are a rare find. They are pure silver, not silver coated copper. Picture quality is excellent. I highly recommend them. Good Luck!!!

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Hey Omar audio-wise, why do you prefer the Blue Jean cables to the Better Cables?

Omar Torres

Stunt Coordinator
The reason I like the Blue Jean cable(Digital Coax)better than the Better Cables is the stiffness of the BC cable is too much. In my audio rack the BC Coax sticks out too much on the back of the rack and won't allow me to put my rack flush against the wall. Audio wise I think they both sound the same, but for the price I paid for the 1 metter BC coax I could of got ten BJC Coax.

Blue jeans has great analog cables also, I had Eric at blue jeans make me a costum set of analog cables. It was a five channel cable for my amps, three of the cables were 3 feet and 2 of the cables were 2 feet. I have my amps on two shelfs right above each other. He also put some Techflex around the cables, not only do they work great. The cables look great also.

I also have the Silver Serpent Component Video Cable, and the AR Master Component Video cable. I don't see a differce in PQ at all. I like that the Silver Serpent Component is smaller and neater. Thats all about it, but for the price of the Silver Serpent Component I could of got like four AR Master Component cables. AR Master cables are great but just too big for my taste. I don't have much room behind my system So I'll be selling those off and going with an Blue Jeans Component.

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Omar thanks for the feedback. You may be right that the Blue Jeans cable are a better value. I’ve tried several lines of Monster Cable and AR, but I’ve never tried Blue Jean cables. IMO the Better Cable analog audio interconnects sound the best with my Denon 2900 for SACD/DVD-A playback.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm a fan of Audioquest, and one of the best deals I've seen recently are the Coral/CQs hybrids they have right now at www.hcmaudio.com I had used Corals before and I liked them, just not the price, but at less than half price for these, I think they are an excellent analog IC and an incredible deal. (I even ordered a set at that price).

Dean Wette

Stunt Coordinator
If you want really excellent cables try Transparent Cable, but be prepared for sticker shock.

I have a Tranparent premium component cable. On Arcam's $1800 DV79 HDMI player my Transparent cable on component out outperforms the HDMI out (using a Monster HDMI cable).

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Audio Advisor had 2 for 1 deal last week for new series 0.5m Diamondbacks. $75/2 pair with free shipping. Too bad I'm in Canada or I would have picked up some (I know they ship here, but it's either pay $60 shipping or wait a month).

Transparent...well...for one they are EXTREMELY expensive. And secondly, when the president of a cable company boldly asserts (in open forum) that he can identify his cables against someone else's, and then backs out when someone challenges him to prove it...well...that speaks volumes about the company. And on your visit to the cable forum, you should take a look at what's actually in those "network" boxes. You'll be amazed. No Transparent for me thanks.

Jay Blair

Second Unit
"I also have the Silver Serpent Component Video Cable, and the AR Master Component Video cable. I don't see a differce in PQ at all. I like that the Silver Serpent Component is smaller and neater. Thats all about it, but for the price of the Silver Serpent Component I could of got like four AR Master Component cables. AR Master cables are great but just too big for my taste. I don't have much room behind my system So I'll be selling those off and going with an Blue Jeans Component."

I couldn't agree more regarding these two cables. The video quality is nearly impossible to tell apart, and if money is a concern, go with the AR Master cables, but because of their flexibility I really like the Silver Serpents. Also in my system I need a breakout cable and as far as I know AR doesn't make one, so most of the cables in my system are Silver Serpents.

Also in my system I have pure silver digital coax cables used for component from Outlaw Audio running into the second component line of my RPTV and find them just slightly better than either the AR cables or the Silver Serpents, but you pay a little more as well. They are however worth considering. But again, no return policy on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks