What's new

Need Center Speaker Stand (1 Viewer)

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
My friend just bought a Sony 60" Grand WEGA 16x9 TV and bought the stand that came with it. From the floor the top of the TV is 57" off the ground.

We have a Cambridge Soundworks MC500 as a center channel speaker that weighs ~24 lbs, and we need something to place the speaker on above the TV. There isn't enough room on top of the TV to place the speaker, so I was looking for maybe an L or C shaped metal stand that we can place behind the TV that will hold the speaker above the TV.

If anyone knows of something that would accomplish this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Does anyone have any suggestions? Surely some of you must have a Projection TV and have no room to put your center channel?

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
Mike,

My local dealer here in Toronto sells a "U" (or perhaps "Y") shaped mount for a center channel. The center lays across the two extensions of the "Y", and the single arm is mounted into a stud. There are rubber bumpers beneath the center which can slide to accomodate various sizes. Make any sense? I don't recall the manufacturer, but I believe the price was about $80CDN (about $60USD). I saw the mount at a store called Musonic, so you might try e-mailing them for some further info. Cheers.

DS.

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Make or buy a center channel stand and put it in front of the rptv just below the screen. These are radily available you just have to look there are plenty of types or brands , it also sounds like you would be better off.

That is what I am going to be doing in the near future, because I think it is too high up on top of my 65" remember the front/center speakers should be at ear level or somewhat close to that.

Signed
ED

Chris:-/OV

Stunt Coordinator
Hi
I purchased a single stand for normal speakers and it works perfectly even though the center speaker is huge. I've got a B&W LCR 600 and even this beauty balances firmly.
Chris

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Putting the speaker in front of the TV is not a viable option. This is a Grand WEGA LCD TV, basically like a DLP set, but it is sitting on a stand and the digital cable box and DVD player are on the stand below the TV, so putting a speaker there would block it. We need to get the speaker above the TV, and hanging it from the wall is not an option either cause behind the TV is only a half wall. If I cant find a stand, it will have to hang from the ceiling and we don't want to do that.

Jeff Detiege

Auditioning
How about a shelf which rests the front half on the tv and the back half would have legs that extend down to the floor (or tv stand). I went through something similar, only I was worried about bowing the center of my rptv. I setteled on a wood framed shelf resting on my tv's outer edges.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks