What's new

Need center speaker help w/paradigm titans (1 Viewer)

I'm putting together a home theater system with Paradigm Titans for fronts and rears. I can get the CC270(?) center for the price of a CC170(because sold out). If I'm correct, this center would have larger speakers than the titans...Is this a problem for sound level equalization? Is it overkill for my system? Interested in opinions. Thanks.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
You may need to be a little worried about your soundstage. If the tonal balance between speakers is different a "pan" will sound funny.

Paradigm recommends the CC170.

Brent

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The 270 uses identical drivers as the Titans, so there is no issue. I have owned both, and the 270 is a better center. It's not a night and day difference, but I still feel the 270 is worth it.

Thanks for the responses. If I can get the 270 for the same price, I may go for it. Besides, it gives me a reason to upgrade the rears and fronts in the future...JK

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
I have used the Titan on all corners including center, you can lay it on its side or stand it up, if it is too high tip it forward until you are looking right up its goozle pipe, I have heard some say to rotate the tweet if you lay it down, I never did.
I am using 5 NHT Super Ones the same way now, I thought I would wait and get a better center later, that was 3 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks