Need center speaker help w/paradigm titans

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Kirkpatric, Dec 21, 2002.

1. John Kirkpatric

I'm putting together a home theater system with Paradigm Titans for fronts and rears. I can get the CC270(?) center for the price of a CC170(because sold out). If I'm correct, this center would have larger speakers than the titans...Is this a problem for sound level equalization? Is it overkill for my system? Interested in opinions. Thanks.

2. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

You may need to be a little worried about your soundstage. If the tonal balance between speakers is different a "pan" will sound funny.

Paradigm recommends the CC170.

Brent

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    The 270 uses identical drivers as the Titans, so there is no issue. I have owned both, and the 270 is a better center. It's not a night and day difference, but I still feel the 270 is worth it.

4. John Kirkpatric

Thanks for the responses. If I can get the 270 for the same price, I may go for it. Besides, it gives me a reason to upgrade the rears and fronts in the future...JK

5. Guy Usher

Guy Usher Supporting Actor

I have used the Titan on all corners including center, you can lay it on its side or stand it up, if it is too high tip it forward until you are looking right up its goozle pipe, I have heard some say to rotate the tweet if you lay it down, I never did.
    I am using 5 NHT Super Ones the same way now, I thought I would wait and get a better center later, that was 3 years ago.