1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Need cable box codes for GuidePlus on ProScan TV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MickeS, Sep 19, 2002.

1. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I have a ProScan TV (don't know model number, sorry, it's a few years old) and thought I'd try out the GuidePlus thingie. When I set it up, it asks for the ID code for my cable box, so it can change the channels on the cable box I presume.

Does anyone have a list of these codes? I don't have a manual for the TV. I'd really appreciate the help!

2. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Nobody here owns a ProScan TV and has a manual for it?

3. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Oh, come on people, help me out here! [​IMG]

4. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

I don't have them but I would try RCA www.rca.com & download one of the owner manual's on a top of the line RCA TV. The codes in those owner manuals should also work for your Proscan TV. Hope this helps you out.

5. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Thanks for the suggestion, Bill. I have tried that, and apparently the newer models of their TV have a "detect the cable box" function, so they don't supply any codes for them. At least I didn't find them. Thanks anyway for your suggestion.
    EDIT: Bill, I have to thank you again! I was so stupid that I searched for words like "cable", "codes" and stuff on the site, and found instructions for the newer models... but when I searched for the model number, PS32125, I found a link to the manual! Duh!
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction again! [​IMG]
    /Mike

6. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Hope you found the code you were after[​IMG]

7. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Actually... turns out that my Digital Cable modem is a Motorola, and that is not listed in the manual... however, I believe Motorola should have the same code as General Instruments, right? I haven't had the opportunity to test it yet though.