Need budget receiver with the following feature regarding sub set up...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Luis Gabriel Gerena, Oct 14, 2001.

1. Luis Gabriel Gerena

Luis Gabriel Gerena Second Unit

Hi!
    I have a Kenwood VR 407 and 4 Acoustic Research towers plus a matching center. I want to buy a receiver which allows me to set up my sub as LFE+All (so it gets all the sound) AND the mains and rears also as LFE+Full range (or at least full range). I want it to be as cheap as possible so please keep that in mind when suggesting.
    Regards

2. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

Denon's used to have this type of bass management however these receivers are far from what most folks regard as "budget". Say $800 or so.
    In the world of electronics you get what you pay for.

3. Luis Gabriel Gerena

Luis Gabriel Gerena Second Unit

No I don't want all the sound directed to my sub...I guess my post wasn't clear enough since I posted in a hurry. Ok, you know that when you set speakers as "small" the receiver usually sends everything below 80HZ-100HZ to the sub. What I want is for my sub to receive that same signal (LFE+below 80HZ sounds) while also having the option of sending the full range sound to my main and rears. With my receiver I don't have that option..heck I can't even set my rears as "big" unless I also set my center as "big"!
    Hope its easier to understand now [​IMG]
    Regards

4. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

I know exactly what you want Luis. You want what Denon calls their "both" setting. However as I stated you won't be finding that in their "budget" lines nor on any other "budget" reciever for that matter unless I'm totally mistaken although I've done enough research to back this up.
    You're gonna have to pay for this setting. Still you'll get alot more reciever in that case too and thats a bonus.

5. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

I believe the Yamaha have a similar setting.
    --
    Holadem