What's new

Need blind date ideas in Chicago (1 Viewer)

Michael Varacin

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone have any good ideas for a blind date in the western part of Chicago? I'm looking for something more activity oriented. Date is in the evening on a Tuesday.

Michael Varacin

Stunt Coordinator
I thought of Wrigley...but it will be too boring considering the cubs are out of town that night.

Why or why do all the zoo's and museums have to close at 5:00? Sure makes it hard on a guy to come up with something.

I'm thinking indoor rock climbing (if she's up to it) or a trip to Dave and Busters for a little dinner / pool / air hockey.

Frederick

Second Unit
Dave & Busters is a good idea. My wife and my first date consisted of two movies and a fun dinner at Big Bowl. See what's going on at Navy Pier. That's always a good time. I think they still have a minigolf course ...

Freddy C.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Indoor rock climbing on the first date? She might not be wearing clothes that are good for that and might really hate the idea of having to change to do it. She might not say anything but that's what she will tell her friends.

Go simple on blind dates, you might really hate this person. Also pick things that do not take up hours at a time. That way you can call it short if you need too.

Dave at busters would be ok. What's nice about that place is it is not over run with little kids. Just don't go and act like "oh cool a STAR WARS game! I love Han Solo! I used to wear star wars underoos when I was 24 year old".

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Go simple (but not cheap ;)) on the first date. Save the creative dates for when you actually know her :) D&B sounds like a great idea :emoji_thumbsup:

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Jamie, there were some really great ideas in that link!

May I add another. Bowling. However, I do prefer the mini golf suggestion mainly because the place is usually quiet enough to have a decent conversation during the game.

Michael Varacin

Stunt Coordinator
Just a follow up...

Date on Tuesday night went great! We had dinner at a resturant with outside seating right on the sidewalk. We talked for about 2 hours, untill about 10:30...we then decided to take a walk over to a smoke free bar to listen to a band. So we had a nice walk.

She was drop dead gorgeous! I sent an e-mail (that's how we met) the next day thanking her, she replied that she had a wonderful dinner and a really good time.

So now I follow up with a phone call tonight to see if she wants to go out again....man I hate this...the suspense is killing me!!!!!

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
Good luck Michael.

I always go for very simple activities for a first date. You want to be able to interact as much as possible. I usually do dinner or go for a walk in an area park. If things go well, I usually suggest going to a bar, or if things go really well, I suggest something like going dancing. I think you made a good choice.

If you get to a 3rd, 4th, or 5th date, cook her a good dinner and she'll be yours forever :) Always works wonders :)

Rob Landolfi

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats and good luck. The suspense, while sometimes tough to take, is part of what makes new relationships so energizing. Enjoy.

Michael Varacin

Stunt Coordinator
For those of you following this portion of my love life saga...

I called her last night, she said she was busy and asked if she could call me back. I said, sure. I hung up thinking damn! It happend again...now I'm 0-5 for second dates. But then 2 hours later she called back! I asked if she would be interested in getting together again, she said definitly. After I asked, she had a more relaxed, gentle, flirtatious tone to her voice. We agreed we would talk early next week to set something up.

Now I'm just a bit nervous because we don't have firm plans yet...but it's looking positive.

Users who are viewing this thread