Need birthday reminder calendar software, please help.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Winston D, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Winston D

Winston D Agent

hey guys. i need help. i am the type of person who is not good on remembering birthdays, even family members. is there some type of software to download where you enter a birthday on the calendar and it automatically reminds you of the event when the day comes? Kind of like ur browser homepage? if theres one u know i can buy too, i think ill try it out. thanks.

2. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

You could put birthdays as events in your Microsoft Outlook calendar.

3. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

I was thinking the same thing as Mark but then you also have to have your Outlook running for it to remind you.

KyleS

4. Winston D

Winston D Agent

I dont have Outlook, only outlook express. Any other options?

5. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Winston,

If you want to use your PC for it, you'll have to install a program anyway. So why not Outlook i.s.o. Outlook Express? Advantage is, you will open it often to process your e-mail.

Other options are:

- a PDA (I had the birthdays of my family as well as of my co-workers in it for years - in my pocket. It would signal family birthdays the day before, and co-worker's birthdays the actual morning, while I was in my car driving to my office).

- some cellphones can do it (work like PDA's).

Cees

6. Leila Dougan

Leila Dougan Screenwriter

Another suggestion, though not a terribly good one, is that if you use any "portal" (yahoo, msn, excite, etc) as your start page, they often allow you to personalize the page insert reminders. If you read the page (and actually trust them) you can get the reminder without actually installing anything.